Animals are an important, but often overlooked, part of Christmas. From the Nativity onwards they have been part of the family celebration. From its extensive collection of children's picture books the Laughing Elephant has selected thirty illustrations featuring a wide variety of animals at Christmas. The detachable postcards are suitable for short Christmas correspondence, party invites, thank you notes, any myriad of other uses, or as a small art book to be kept intact and enjoyed every season.
Among the many fine illustrators included are:
- Early American illustrator E. Boyd Smith
- Caldecott honor winner Helen Sewell
- English luminary Margaret Tarrant
- Postcard illustrator extraordinaire Charles Twelvetrees
- American bear expert Frank Verbeck
- Illustrator of the Peter Rabbit comic Harrison Cady