- M280 incorporates a magnetic stripe reader, 2D barcode reader, and a flat bed scanner (300 dpi) that reads any government issued ID card with magnetic stripe information and/or 2D barcodes.
- This approach to scanning both magstripe and 2D information with one device is an ideal solution for the POS, ID validation and law enforcement environment.
- ID card or license can be positioned on the scratch-proof glass lens of the Model 280, and with the simple press of a button, a high resolution image (JPEG) of the ID is captured and attached to the data stream.
- Data is transferred to the host device via a standard USB interface.
- Software is not included and must be purchased separately. Recommended Software: VeriScan PLUS
Details: The E-Seek Model M280 allows for the reading and capture of all electronic data while concurrently providing the ability to scan and capture a complete image of both sides of an ID Card or License. The Model M280 reads all data from both the 2 Dimensional Barcode (PDF 417) and the Magnetic Stripe utilized on ID cards and Drivers’ Licenses. In addition, the ID card or license can be positioned on the scratch proof glass lens of the Model M280, and with the simple press of a button, a full high resolution image (JPEG) of the ID is captured and attached to the data stream. With the ability to quickly and easily marry the Electronic data to the Image, the Model M280 provides a capability that is being required by an increasing number of applications.